Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Journey Begins...

Jan 22, 2011 at a scrapbooking crop. (288pounds)

Real Eye Openers!



The time has come for me to make serious changes in my life. I am in an obese body. It is of my making. No one can change it for me but ME! I find it hard to put into words why I have let myself go. Why don't I just do it? Why am I making it so hard? A choice is a choice...I can chose something healthy just as easily as something unhealthy. I've taken the Wellness 101 class at the Wellness Forum in Worthington, Ohio...TWICE! I "know" what I need to do but I'm still holding back. Why?

Well, my weight loss buddy and dear friend Debb, has encouraged me not to give up. We talked on Monday and set a goal for the week, not only for weight loss but exercise(my weakness). We want to be realistic and be kind to ourselves. Debb, has encouraged me to start this blog. I know it will be another tool I can use to help me make a healthier life for myself.

One thing I have been doing is researching about the food that we consume. It has been an eye opener and will help me when it comes to the decisions I make where my diet is concerned. I think it's important to know more than just the calorie content but what foods do for your body or when they work against it.

My life is so good. In gereral I am a pretty happy person. I just feel as if there is more...that I could be more. It may sound odd but I want to be content ... content in how I feel in my own skin. I want to move freely again and feel free of the weight I carry. I don't want to feel like I am not worthy of the life I picture for myself. I work hard taking care of my home and husband...I am worth the time it takes to take care for myself. For if I don't, I won't be able to take care of anyone or anything.

Debb, has encouraged me to put a before picture on the blog. My highest starting weight was 324...eekkk! Now I am down to 271. I still feel so huge. I am embarrassed of these pictures but I trust Debb to know that it will help and to be able to look back and see my progress.

I hope to hear from others who are making life changes in their health. I would love any tips or suggestions for reading material, other blogs or websites.

Thank you for stopping by..I hope you will join me on my journey!

Till my next post...

3 comments:

  1. I agree 100% You have put into words all the things that I think I and feel, too. I "know" the right choices to make, yet I don't make them. I know the only one who can make the change in me is....me. Sometimes I wonder why I set myself up only to fail again. If it weren't for you, I might have given up a long time ago. This IS a journey that we have tried to take on our own before. But this time is different; I just know it. We can do this together. I know that I will get on track and be as successful as you are. Thanks for all your encouragement! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite a journey. I found you by searching profiles including the China Study. I've gotten a lot healthier following my chosen path back, and have shed pounds. Still have quite a ways to go though... 80 or more pounds to go... depending on how thin I want to be at 63. Wishing you well. I plan to follow your journey.
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice start. Goals are a good thing. Have you checked out Dr. McDougall website? He has alot of info on the site, including the basic plan, but has several books to help you along the way. There is also a forum if you wish for more support or just to read all the info on there. One thread is with an RD, Jeff Novick, and there is literally tons of good info there. You do not need to join or talk or say hi even, just read. Good luck. I look forward to following your journey. Thank you for following mine:O)

    ReplyDelete