Thursday, March 31, 2011

End of the Month





My husband and I like many others only get paid once a month. I am still trying to get a monthly plan that works yet still it never fails that the last few days of the month I fel like I am always trying to put those last few "just have to have" purchases to use. I've been trying "fake meat" substitutes. Ever the opptimist! HA! I finally realized I am wasting money on this proccessed stuff. My next pizza will be all veggie, just the way I like it! The "cheese" we used is sooooo good! Even my hubby likes it. :0)

But what was really delicious was the thrown together mashed potatoes with some basil and roasted red peppers(from a jar). I cooked the potatoes with a couple of garlic cloves in the water. I mixed them with just a bit of the "garlic" water and some earth balance. With a fresh sliced tomato and green onion, all I can say is yummy!

The last dish (the one with the slice of Ezekiel bread toasted) was some left over chickpeas that I just added all kinds of spices and two tablespoons of some leftover corn. And again with the sliced tomato and onions but I added a bit of Organicville Thousand Island dressing. It is so yummy.

Funny thing is when I have to use what I have leftover it always seems to be the best meals. I think the best part of all is my husband is willing to try everything I make. He even eats it all even if he is not fond of it. It's nice to have him supporting and even joining me in changing our diets.

I hope you enjoy the pictures of this yummy food as much as we enjoyed eating it! (well, except for the fake pepperoni)

Take care.

Till my next post...

1 comment:

  1. Looks Yummy!
    If you are interested you can probably find an article at www.drmcdougall.com re isolated soy protein. There is new info surfacing that it just isn't good for you. Can increase cell growth and for many that could be bad. Sounds like you are already feeling the need to not eat it.

    ReplyDelete