Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Meal & Snack Preparation


This month we had flooding in our home. We were unable to use any water. Which meant no cooking at home. I used this as an excuse to take a "break" as it were from all the healthy habits I had formed. I made poor choices most of the time. My body is now letting me know it will not tolerate anymore! I drank one soda which lead to drinking it everyday. My insides feel awful and my energy level is at an all time low.

You may ask how am I getting back on track. First, I came clean to Debb, my diet buddy. It wasn't easy and it felt scary to be honest about it. It shouldn't matter what is going on when it comes to taking care of myself. Debb, listens but is no push over. She wants me to do well and is honest with me about being more prepared. She wants me to succeed as much as I want her to. I use to think I could do this all by myself but that isn't true. Having a diet buddy is a blessing! We are making weekly goals and making sure we touch base during the week by email and at least one phone call a week. For me anyway, it makes me feel like I'm not in this all alone. It makes it feel doable.

One of the things I am working on with Debb's help is better meal and snack preparation. I made this lovely hummus. No oil! It is so good! So much garlic! Yummy!

On one of those weight loss commercials for some company the woman said "Our outside reflects how we feel about ourselves inside. And I didn't think I felt this bad about myself". It really made me think. "How do I really feel about myself"? What does my outside say about me? I know my journey will take me to where I am suppose to be. Where I will feel good about myself inside and out! Each day I will get closer to the answers and closer to the life I deserve...a happy and healthy one!

Till my next post...

2 comments:

  1. That hummus looks really good. How'd you make it. Recipe please!!
    It was cool the way I received a message from you when I started to follow you. I would like to do that but don't know how to set it up. Tried to send you an email but it wouldn't work. I think my blogger is acting up. So.. Welcome to my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cat!

    Hope your doing well. I sent you the recipe via email. I changed up the recipe from "Veganomicon The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook". I hope you will give it a try. It is so yummy.

    Take care and have a great weekend!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete