Saturday, July 9, 2011

21-Day Weight Loss Kick Start




How time flies. Over my almost 53 years on this earth I've heard that statement at least one hundred times. Truer words have never been spoken. How sad the way I have squandered this precious gift of time. I have let almost 4 months pass by with out a post. Embarrassed of the same old "ME"! Still the same weight. Still not exercising. Still afraid to take the first step and really commit to a life style change in eating that will benefit not only myself but my husband.

Let's face it, I AM lazy! I have been looking for the easy way to lose weight and keep it off. I may be lazy but I'm not stupid! I KNOW the ONLY WAY to lose my weight and keep it off is not to diet but to make a healthy life style change. I "know" what I need to do. I need to eat right, exercise and take care of my body. I just haven't done it. I have become the master of excuses..."the house flooded and we have major damage to take care of, after I take care of my husband, dog, cats, house, meals, dishes, yard work, volunteering, family visits(at my house or traveling)", the list is endless and meaningless! They are just EXCUSES!!!! No one in my family will care if I eat vegan or anyway at all. None of my real friends will mind if I can't do things with them and need time to myself. My husband understands that he can be a lot of work from time to time(after all he is a quadriplegic and he helps as much as he can too). But most of all my husband loves me for me and will support my need to have time for me, time to exercise and will eat the way I will be eating. I was worried about him not wanting to eat "vegan" for 3 weeks but he said with a smile "What ever you make and put in front of me, I'll eat it."

We did our shopping together for food for the first 3 days. Since it is just the 2 of us it will work out better right now to shop every few days. We won't be eating out and as you can see by my chart I made we can look at each day and know just what we will be having. It has a nice large magnet across the back so I can hang it on the freezer door near my pantry. We have decided to keep the chart and meal plan from now on. I think I will be more successful with a bit more planing. I know I will struggle with the exercise part at first but Lee will be right with me. He will also go with me to walk the dog everyday so it will be nice to spend some time outdoors while Lee is able.

I will weigh myself in the morning and promise to post for the next 21 days. I will include pictures of some of the meals, reviews on the meals and updates on weight loss.

I want to succeed. I want to be the real me. I don't want to do anything that makes me feel less. I want to continue to work not only on my health, but my relationships with Lee, family and friends.

I want to enjoy a happy and healthy life. My life!

1 comment:

  1. Shirley I know you can do this. You are the strongest person I know if you have set your mind to it, it will happen. I for one will support you in anything you do.I love you and want nothing but the best for you. Lee is so amazing he is a true blessing. I know the two of you will make it through the 21-day diet because you have each other to lean on and support each other.

    ReplyDelete