Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 1




Ok, before I tell you my weight I would like to say that when we saw Dr. Barnard he said try a few meals for a week before your start date. That's just what we did. Lee and I have been trying a lot of vegan dishes for the last 2 weeks. I haven't watched portions or weighed myself. In the picture I am posting today was taken at my Mom's almost 3 weeks ago and I weighed 306!

Well, my weight today is 294.4!!! I am beyond words. It seems so strange to my psyche that eating so much food that I could still lose weight.

Our Breakfast on Day 1 was mango lime pancakes and strawberries. I still feel "scared" about the portions. I made it exactly as written in the recipe and measured out the 1/3 cup batter for each pancake. It made 4 pancakes(2 a serving) and this is a picture of my husbands plate. I used much less maple syrup. I cut up 6 strawberries for each of us. It was a wonderful breakfast. The mango and lime is an awesome combination. My husband really liked it. He has a hard time eating breakfast and kept saying this is so much food.

Well, my dishes are done. I have items sitting out ready for lunch. I'll keep you posted on how lunch and dinner go. My brother and niece are coming over at lunch time. I told him ahead of time what we would be having so if he wanted something else he would have to bring it. :0)

Wishing you a happy and healthy day!

1 comment:

  1. Shirley, your food looks wonderful. Blessings to you and your husband on your journey to more health & happiness. You inspired me... I bought the book today. I've read some other books by Dr Barnard and they are all very good.
    Where did you talk with him?
    Have fun.
    Cat

    ReplyDelete