Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 4

It's 11:38pm as I begin this post. It has been a long but good day. I wasn't able to take any photos of my delicious food today. My "card" is full. I will go tomorrow and get a card that not only holds more photos but will be looking for a video camera. I think it would be neat to show not only my crafting demos(that's my other blog) but show off some of my cooking skills. LOL It should be at least good for a laugh. :0)

I always thought I cooked a lot. I made most of our meals each day. How wrong I really was! I guess I never realized how easy it was to skip breakfast since Lee never wanted to eat it. I never realized how many times we ate out, take out, drive thru, ordered out and just sat around and ate junk food out of bags (my favorite meal could be said to be cookies, chips and Dr. Pepper. EGADS! What have I been doing?) Reality has really hit me in the face this week at how LAZY I have been when it comes to really making meals. How was I able to rationalize my cooking? Or lack of? I have to say that I still have a sink full of dishes. That's right I don't have a dishwasher or garbage disposal. I live in a rural area and when we built our home we were told it was not good to have on a septic and well system. SO I feel a bit chained to my kitchen sink and stove! I know I will get into gear and figure a better way to do all this but It's funny how what we do and what we think we have been doing are so COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

Today we had oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast. Lee said he will be glad to have the breakfast burrito with potatoes and spinach for breakfast tomorrow. I guess oatmeal more than once a week is enough for him. :0)

Our lunch was a simple wrap, low-fat baked tortilla chips and a fresh apple. But dinner...oh yeah! We had Quick black bean chili with rice topped with tomatillo sauce and warmed tortillas. The chili was so yummy. It gave an option for serving adding fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime. It MADE the dish! Let me say first I have never tasted tomatilla sauce(salsa verde) so I wasn't sure what it was suppose to taste like. The recipe called for 3 tablespoons of fresh cilantro but we doubled it. It's our favorite part of the meal and it really was good over rice. Lee gives this meal a 4.8 out of 5. And I whole heartily concur.

Hopefully I'll be back to getting some pictures by tomorrow evening. :0)

Take care and have a happy and healthy day!

2 comments:

  1. I must say that I have been following your diet and I will be buying the book and giving it a try. I look forward to your next photos and information on how the meals are going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, on many counts, but especially on the "chained to the kitchen" part. I always said that losing weight was a part-time job, taking 2-4 hours every day to plan and prepare meals, and then add exercise, too. That's why it's so difficult to lose weight in our busy lives! We MUST take the time for ourselves! Good for you! I'm behind you all the way!
    Clickersister

    ReplyDelete