Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 9 Lunch



I know this lunch looks kind of small but the mug the soup is in is huge! The sandwich had so much flavor and great meaty texture from the zucchini. Finished off with a nice sliced ripe banana. Very filling meal.

I just had to take a picture of my onions as they browned. I thought they looked so beautiful and the smell. This is the second time we have had both items on today's lunch menu. The soup actually calls for 2 whole wheat bread slices in it. They dissolve and thicken the soup. Lee didn't like the bread in it all so I left it out this time. I like it either way but after Lee forcing the lentil soup down yesterday, I figured I'd give him a break. I hate to tell him tomorrow for dinner is a red curry chickpea and sweet potato soup.

Well, I have so much to do around here so I will not be posting again till tomorrow. It's funny how when I am concentrating on one thing or area in my life other things just slip by! I will eventually find the balance I am looking for. I know that if I take care of my body it will help me have the energy to care for all the other area's in my life.

I forgot to mention when I began that the book has an additional feature, not just a menu plan and recipes. Each day it gives you 3 things. They are; A Word of Inspiration, A Doctor's Prescription and Quick Kitchen Tips. Today's quick tip was about letting stress go. To take a relaxed approach to the kitchen , maybe turn on some music, let the stress go and have fun! And that is just what I did today. Like Dr. Barnard said in the beginning of the book, put on some music and serenade yourself while cooking. You deserve it! :0) It made the time fly, especially since I have to wash dishes by hand. haha

Well, as always I wish you a happy and healthy day.

Till my next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment