Sunday, July 31, 2011

End of The 21 Day Kickstart Plan






Well, lets get right to my totals. :0) When I started the few days test run I weighed in at 306. As of my last day of the plan I now weigh 284.6. I lost 21.4 pounds. I have a long way to go but now I feel prepared to get there. We have company coming this week. They will be staying with us and Lee said what are we going to do to stay on track! I feel like I'm falling in love all over again. hehe We sat and talked and made a plan for what we will be eating while they are here. We are doing our menu for the upcoming week later this morning. We will be using almost all the recipes again this week. Pictured above is a couple of our favorites.

The Rustic Tomato Soup is out of this world, the picture is of it cooking. I wish my picture of it finished with the rice and beans it hadn't been so fuzzy. It really looked pretty in the dish. So colorful. We both loved, loved, loved the Red Beans and Rice with Collard Greens(pictured). Collard Greens is one of our new favorites! I woke up yesterday and wanted it for breakfast! It is oh so good. The last picture is of the Insalata d'Arance(Salad of Orange and Fennel). I was so excited to try this because fennel is one of my favorites. Lee and I love it when I have roasted it with potatoes. This salad is off the charts juicy, crispy, crunchy FRESH!!! I thought it would be an odd tasting dish but it was wonderful. We decided on the second time we had it to add the olives(as shown in picture). Lee and I both did not like it with the olives. Don't get us wrong Lee and I both love olives, but it didn't work for us.

As an over all review Lee and I like pretty much all of the dishes on the menu. Lee didn't like any of the curry dishes(he loathes curry). I do not like sprouts on the wraps(I did eat them though) and I did not like the Bananas in Berries Artesia. It is a thickened sauce made with strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. I loath the taste of raspberries. It was Lee's 3rd favorite dish. He asked if I could make the sauce to put over his pancakes. So now for our 3 favorite dishes. And believe me this is really hard because so many of them are so awesome! But here goes for the 6 recipes we will be using over and over. I am not including the red beans and rice with collard greens in our favorites since we both loved them it goes without saying it will be made many times to come around here.


Lee's top 3 favorites:

1. Blue Corn Chip Salad
2. Perfect Portabello Burger(this was in my top 5)
3. Bananas in Berries Artesia

My top 3 favorites:

1. French Onion Sourdough Soup
2. Balsamic Zucchini Sandwich
3. Jamaican Stir-Fry


I still have a way to go but eating right is giving me a calm to help me move forward to make real changes and bring a better balance in my life. I'm so thankful for Dr. Pam Popper of the Wellness Forum of Worthington, Ohio for encouraging all it's members to go and see Dr. Barnard when he was in Columbus. I want to thank Dr. Neal Barnard for taking the time to spend a extra minute with me and encourage me to follow the plan. (he wrote such a nice message in my book). I want to thank all of my friends who helped me stay on track, posted comments and were there for me when I needed a listening ear. But most of all I want to thank my husband, Lee. He ate everything I made and never complained! I love him for doing the plan with me but more importantly wanting to make it a permanent change in our eating habits. It's so much easier with him on board. :0)

Take care my dear friends and I wish you happy and healthy day!

Till my next post...

(by the way did you like the pictures of the kitties getting weighed at the Vet's office?)

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!
    I love those kitties.
    Tell Lee my husband hates curry. I don't mind a mild curry once in a while.
    Continued success Shirley
    Cat

    ReplyDelete