Monday, August 22, 2011

Leftover Mondays...Be Jealous! :0)





We had a wonderful weekend celebrating mine and my youngest brothers birthdays. (we have the same birthday 5 years apart. very cool huh?!) I had made Grilled Portobello Mushrooms using the marinade from one of my new cook books, Appetite For Reduction by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. Let's just say "Heavenly" isn't a good enough word. hehe Of course we had a lot of other goodies. So with a bit of this and that, leftover Mondays is a great day to use it all up.

In the picture is the leftover mushrooms, peppers, onions and some herbs thrown in for good measure. I made up some garlicky couscous to accompany it and it was even better than the first meal.

I had left over peaches and had just seen on Robin Robertson's blog with her easy 2 ingredient peach crumble. Just cut up peaches and top with granola. It is a simple as that. We will be having that with dinner.

Now to go and use up the kale and sourdough bread. I will be making the Caldo Verde and French Onion Soups from the 21 Day Kickstart Plan. They are so good and will freeze well.

I have plenty to finish up around here. I am down to the last day of finally organizing EVERYTHING in my home. Clutter = Stress for me. I need a place for everything and everything in its place. :0) So I best get off this computer and back to work! I'll show pictures later of my new and improved organized space.

Take care and as always I wish you a happy and healthy day!

Till my next post...

1 comment: