Thursday, October 20, 2011

Made It Through Day 2 With NO SODA!

I have to say I have felt better. Caffeine withdrawals are icky!!! But mentally I feel such satisfaction that I haven't had any soda in 2 days! Sadly after my 21 day kick start I went on a weekend holiday to my brothers in Missouri I allowed my self to have a soda each day but by the time we got back and a week later one soda became 2 litters a day!!! Allowing my self a "treat" at this point is not a good idea.

So when the last one was gone 2 days ago I went to the store with every intention of buying a 12 pack and "weening" myself off them. I told myself that that would be the best way to do it. Knowing fully well that soda is my trigger food! As I turned down the isle a woman was being helped by what looked to be her daughter putting a lot of soda in the cart. The woman and younger woman were extremely obese(like me). The woman was using a portable oxygen tank and in the store scooter. For just a moment I felt like I was looking at my future. In a flash I went right past them knowing that I will not be doing this to my body anymore. Could that have been a light bulb moment for me? :0)

I was feeling shaky tonight. But when I went to check my emails my weight loss buddy and dear friend Debb had emailed one of the best ever emails. She is so honest and thought provoking. She asked me to think about certain things, like why am I putting myself in a victim role? Why am I letting some people run over me? Very good questions!

I've made another day of good choices. Tomorrow I am going to do it again. I can't lose with a supportive husband, my weight loss buddy and dear friend Debb, good friends, my blog friends and with the brain God gave me! I can do it! :0)

Tomorrow I will post my delicious bean soup I am going to make. The beans are soaking now. :0)

Have a happy and healthy day!

Till my next post...

2 comments:

  1. Yum,the bean soup sounds great! I didn't make the brussel sprouts today, maybe tomorrow or Saturday. But I will let you know how I like them. And WOW, what a message you received in the soda aisle!!!! I don't want either one of us to end up like that! We will be strong...together! Great job!
    Debb

    ReplyDelete