Monday, April 9, 2012

Do You Have Different "Friends"?

In yesterday's post I was writing about the women in my support group and a diet buddy. Is it odd that I already think of the women in my support group as friends? I definitely think of Debb my diet buddy as a close friend! Then I have my "crafting" friends. Is it odd to categorize your friends? Maybe that's not a good way of saying what I mean. Let me explain.

I have another blog. I share my crafting but also a bit of this and that from my life. I have shared many ups and downs with all those crafting friends. Especially Debb, Carly and Babe. All the men and women in my crafting group here locally or online are so much more than friends. Debb, Carly and Babe could be my long lost sisters! I spend most of my energy on and with my crafting friends. It gives me the most joy in my life!!!

Then I realized what I was trying to say in my post yesterday!!! Do I give the support to the women in the support group that I find it effortless to give to my crafting friends? And to my diet buddy Debb?

As I sit and think of this I realize that no two friends are alike. I have such a loving and kind group of friends that it would be hard to but them all in one category or type! SO WHY TRY!!! :0) I think sometimes over thinking a good thing is a waste of time. LOL

I think as I am now struggling with my weight loss I am encountering feelings of failure. Things like "you can lose it but you'll just gain it back" or "I just have too much to lose why bother...you'll just gain it back!" "how can you help or support anyone when you are struggling yourself". (and the list goes on)

Let's face it...I am my own worst enemy! :0)

Before I close this post, I want to thank Carly personally. You really are more than a friend my dear. You are a support to me and letting me know that I am a support to you made me cry tears of joy! I can tell you anything and I'm so glad to have a friend like you!!! I'm so blessed in every way!Thanks for being a friend who is honest enough with me to give me a quick reminder! I love you like a sister!!! And if I don't tell you enough, you are appreciated!!! xoxoxox

To those of you who are on your weight loss journey. I ask you to sit and think about all the support you have. If you have support even if it is from one person you are BLESSED! You CAN make the journey to a happy and healthy life. And if you find yourself in need of some support...come along with me on my journey! You are welcome and I would love to hear from you!!!

Till my next post...

2 comments:

  1. I call it "beating a dead horse". I do it, too - overthinking situations until they are all-consuming. It doesn't do us any good!!! But as far as my friends go....yes, I am BLESSED! Maybe we should begin overthinking "Thankful" "Blessed" "Cup Overflowing into my Saucer" (which I was just doing today!) and "Monkey in the Cage of Life". Sticking with you through and through - Like Glue Magoo! Yep, little giddy with delight at the wonderful friendship we have! You take care and I'll talk to you soon!
    Hugs,
    Debb

    ReplyDelete
  2. MWA! (a big kiss to you)

    xoxoxo Carly

    ReplyDelete